So… I wasn’t going to post this recipe because I didn’t home make a lot of it but then I thought… sometimes it’s nice to just spice up easy eats like jarred pasta sauce and pre-made raviolis! Why not share it? So here it is (serves 2-3, but can easily make it for more):
- 1 package of ravioli of your choice- I got a really great spinach and kale one from Costco!
- 1 c of your favorite pre-made pasta sauce
- 1 c of thinly sliced baby portabello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chicken breast, flattened to about 1/2 in thick or a little thinner
- 3/4 c breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- parmesan cheese for topping
Cook the raviolis by the package directions and heat up the pasta sauce on the stove over med-low heat. Slice the mushrooms thinly and saute in 2 tbsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar until soft, about 5-10 minutes. Flatten the chicken breast and mix the breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning in a shallow bowl. Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil in a small skillet of medium heat and dredge the chicken in the egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Saute in preheated pan for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through- take your time! Don’t burn the chicken before it can cook all the way through! Reduce to a little bit below medium if needed.
Layer it up! Pasta- sauce- mushrooms-chicken sliced into strips- more sauce- parmesan cheese- fresh basil… So easy but looks so fancy!